Candy Corn Garland...

I saw this candy corn garland here and decided that I need to make one.


I didn't read her entire tutorial. I tend not to do that but word of the wise. It's a must because you could make mistakes like I did. The only thing I read was candy corn, thread and needle. Nuff said right? Nope, she explains not to use the cheap candy corn, which is what I bought. Why, don't use the cheap stuff? Because it breaks when stick the needle through it.

After breaking about half a bag I decided I needed to try something else. Then it dawned on me that if the candy corn was a little warm it would go through easier. 10 seconds in the microwave seemed to do the trick, I had far less brake then before. But I would still say dont buy the cheap stuff.


Must be a trend to hang your spider from your light. I have seen it with a few girls here in town and a few more via the web. Trendy trendy!


Stringing them all together took some time, a lot of time. I saw on another blog someone decided to hot glue them to twine instead of string them all together. Hers were all uniform though and I kind of like this messy look better.


And I forgot to take a picture of the chewed on candy corn that S decided he wanted to eat. I had sprayed the garland and hung it out back to dry, well I guess it was in reach for the little boy and he started nibbling on it like it was a candy necklace. Yes he ate a few with clear gloss on them. Yuck!

No comments: