Valentine Re-vamp...

Remember the Valentines re-vamp the I signed up for?

(Just incase you need to know who I am for the re-vamp list, I'm Mallory from Sage K and Co... obviously)

Well it's come and gone... sadly I didn't win and I really wanted to, maybe next time

I had the hardest time deciding what I want to do, what I wanted to re-vamp. I mean I have so much junk/stuff that I probably could have made anything. However I wanted it to be really really nice. My partners wedding anniversary is on Valentines so I felt a lot of pressure to make something really "lovey" cute.








I had been browsing ideas and was well into making something else when I came across this... I about died. My Crafty Friend Jen made this tutorial over at Crafts Unleashed.

I fell in love immediately and new I wanted to make one for myself. So I set out making one from things I already had, because I'm cheap and didn't want to go spend money to make the "exact' same one. Once I had made it, I LOVED IT, however I thought my partner might love it too. So I decided I would send it her way and didn't make a second for me, how could I?








Like I said I didn't buy anything for this and it was the perfect re-vamp for me (considering our house is all torn apart in our "getting ready to sell" phase.

The details...

I used a cardboard box I was going to throw away for the back, black and cream damask fabric I turned into paper, cream and red cardstock. We had a bunch of twine in the shed from our fence we made, black sequence I picked off of another project gone wrong and of course I had oodles of ribbon and tulle laying around. I Mod Podged the fabric and red cardstock to get the sheen I wanted, I guess to give it some texture. Oh and I didn't have a cutter for the letters, hearts and cream cardstock shape. I cut them all by hand. Not too bad.






I used little jewels and tulle just like in the tutorial but made some variations to exactly what I did.





Although mine differs just a bit from the actual one done in the tutorial, I still really like it and was kind of sad to send it off, should have made myself one, now I am a bit mad. Hopefully she didn't see the tutorial and decided to make one, so that she now has two and I really hope she liked it!

If you are interested in seeing what everyone else made/received check out the link here. Your bound to see some really good stuff!





2 comments:

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

Wow! I'm linked up as #1 if you want to check out my re-vamp!

Libby said...

I'm #2 after Brooke and love it! I just started at a daycare and their VD party is Monday (logical day to have one) and I think I'll make one of these for it. It'll be a keeper not a "toss it afterwards" item.

oh, BTW, you misspelt "junk"--for us 'keepers' it is spelt "junque" (our 'stuff' is upscale ya know lol!)