Part 2- The story must go on...

In the few short months after I had my D&C, Nate and I hit some turbulence from out past but we plowed on through. Exactly a year after we married, we learned we would be expecting once again.

This time we kept it very secret, we didn't tell a sole until the day we were sure everything would be okay. That day never came.

At 13 weeks we went in for a routine ultrasound and found out our baby was not growing properly. We also found out it was a boy!

We were forced to tell our family that the joy of having a baby would be a dark situation for all.

In the following appointments we were given horrible news. The outcome of the situation was grim and his condition worsened as the days went on. We did multiple tests, amniocentesis, ultrasounds and whatnot to only find more bad news.

On December 8th 2006 our baby boy returned to his Heavenly Father. He was not given a name.

Recovery was very hard for me, it took me a very long time to get over it. Almost 4 years now and I still can feel the urge to throw myself on the floor, throw a tantrum just like I did then and cry about how terrible it was.

From this point on Nate and I grew closer, we were forced to through the situations we encountered.

We had fun, we played, we loved, we did everything we could to take our mind off of the past and just live life. Oh we also got a dog, Atlas, who literally is just like our human children.

A year and 3 months after we said goodbye, we were finally blessed with news that we once again would become parents!

This pregnancy started out a bit worrisome, the possibility of a miscarriage shadowed my mind, but patience paid off and I carried the baby past full term.

During the time I was pregnant, Nate and I moved to Kentucky so he could go to dental school. We packed all our junk and left Utah in the dust.

Anyhow, back to the baby...

November 23, 2008 we welcomed Sage Kenneth Johnson

See I told you the name would be relevant later.

No comments: